How to accelerate the compilation

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sat Jan 18 08:15:38 PST 2003

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Simon Comeau Martel wrote:

><snip>

> And a litle question about bootscripts; why is there no script for
inetd?  We install it, so I think we sould start it at boot...

I think *not* a good idea. For security reasons. Running inetd makes
your unit a potential server. To do a proper job in the book might
require discussion of (and installation of) things related to firewalls,
tcpwrappers and other topics. IMO, that would move the book's intent
away from having a basic unit that can be used for whatever the end user
ultimately desires.

BLFS delves into all needed topics adequately.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org