How to accelerate the compilation

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 18 08:13:55 PST 2003

Simon Comeau Martel wrote:

>Just had the idea that you could add a page at the begining of the book, pointing differents ways to accelerate the compilation of everyting.  Just a line or two and a URL for each...

I think there is a plan to point to the appropriate hints where
appropriate, probably in the next version.

>Exemples of what you could put on that page:
>
>-j switch of make
>
>ccache => http://ccache.samba.org/

ccache won't help when compiling lfs (except when recompiling glibc)
since all installs are first time installs.

>crosscompiling
>
>Mosix

>You could also put lfscmd and alf on that page...
>

>And a litle question about bootscripts; why is there no script for inetd?  We install it, so I think we sould start it at boot...

Coz it is not needed. It is a part of post-lfs customization.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org