mtrace

Jack Brown jbrown at kmts.ca
Sat Jan 18 08:57:23 PST 2003

I just happened to notice that the glibc page give the wrong description for
mtrace.

from the book:

mtrace prints the multicast path from a source to a receiver (an IP trace
query).

from the mtrace man page (installed by glibc):

mtrace, muntrace - malloc debugging

it appears there is a program out there called mtrace which does what's
described in the book, but that is not the one we install.

here's the man page for the other mtrace

 http://hegel.ittc.ukans.edu/topics/linux/man-pages/man8/mtrace.8.html

compare that to the one on your LFS install I think you'll see what I
mean.

Jack Brown
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org