How to accelerate the compilation

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 18 16:00:00 PST 2003

On January 18, 2003 04:51 pm, Simon Comeau Martel wrote:
> Interesting; I did not know that program...  But there is a little hick;
> all machine have to have the same version of gcc...
> http://distcc.samba.org/faq.html#mixed-gcc

Not necesarrily. They have to be compatible GCC versions. This only makes
sense: you have different computers generating parts of a program, those
parts have to be binary compatible in order to be linked together into one
program or library.

Either way (open)mosix might work for you, but there are of course other
drawbacks such as shared filesystems.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org