LFS bootscripts

jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu
Sat Jan 18 17:47:20 PST 2003

> Just wondering.. Should the sysklogd script run immediately after
> mounting root read-write? It just seems logical to me to log asap.

You need a writable /dev and /var/run for them to start up.  Not
everyone has these on the same partition as /.  Furthermore, iirc,
the binaries live in /usr/sbin in a default LFS, so /usr would
have to be mounted.  Depending on the configuration, /var/log
may have to be writable, and networking may een hae to be up.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org