Mktemp is not in the book

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Jan 22 03:53:01 PST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
> >Mktemp is needed by vimtutor (goes with vim which is in the book) and it is
> >not in the book. I want it to be added.
> >
> >http://www.courtesan.com/mktemp/
> >

> mktemp is also a part of debianutils
> <http://freshmeat.net/projects/debianutils> along with some other
> goodies. I think it may be appropriate for blfs, not for lfs.

Well... maybe for LFS too? Sometime back I posted that bzcmp, bzdiff and
a couple other LFS installed bzip2 related things would not run because
we have no 'tempfile' command (without researching, IIRC it was
deprecated due to security issues). Mktemp was the suggested replacement
for tempfile. So, if we install mktemp and symlink tempfile to it, then
the bz* commands LFS installs should actually be able to work?

I think that would be good.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com