Ch6 gcc: Don't run fixincludes [Fwd from blfs-support: Re: openssl-0.9.7 and openssh-3.5p1]

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 22 16:13:24 PST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 05:52:23PM -0600, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea to use "*make install-no-fixedincludes"
> instead of "make install" during Chapter 6 gcc installation.*

I agree, but not for the example you quoted.

LFS Ch 6 gcc is installed before any third party libs like openssl therefore
the fixincludes process doesn't get the chance to "fix" the openssl headers.
It would only become an issue if gcc gets reinstalled at a later date (when
all the 3rd party libs are already installed).

Sidenote Rant:
It annoys me that on a brand new LFS using all the latest packages,
fixincludes tries to "fix" what it thinks are broken headers. Why are they
broken? Should someone knowledgable look at the affected headers and see if
the fixes are correct then submit bugs upstream? If the headers are not
broken then should bugs be submitted to the fixincludes maintainer? Any
volunteers?

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org