Ch6 gcc: Don't run fixincludes [Fwd from blfs-support: Re: openssl-0.9.7 and openssh-3.5p1]

Billy O'Connor billyoc at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 22 17:00:16 PST 2003

gschafer at zip.com.au (Greg Schafer) writes:

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 07:17:03PM -0500, Billy O'Connor wrote:
>> This is becoming more and more of a problem for me, I used to be able
>> to build and install gcc(HEAD) in a ~/gcctest directory and use it to
>> test things out, and to make sure there were no unpleasant surprises
>> in store for us with the next version of gcc.  But I haven't been
>> able to do this lately, the only way I've been able to build
>> gcc(HEAD) since we went to gcc-3.2.1 has been to build it on a
>> RedHat/Mandrake box.  :(  Quite a nuisance.
>
> I haven't built the gcc head lately. I stopped once they started merging in
> the development branches (basic-improvemnts & pre-compiled headers) and was
> waiting for it to settle down.
>
> I don't understand your exact problem. Care to elucidate the specifics?

It's the variable argument macros, here's the first error I get when
trying to rebuild the compiler with itself:

/home/billyoc/../../gcc/gcc/gengtype.c:39: undefined reference to `__builtin_va_start'

The code in gengtype.c is:

void
error_at_line VPARAMS ((struct fileloc *pos, const char *msg, ...))
{
  VA_OPEN (ap, msg);     /**** LINE 39 ****/
  VA_FIXEDARG (ap, struct fileloc *, pos);
  VA_FIXEDARG (ap, const char *, msg);

  fprintf (stderr, "%s:%d: ", pos->file, pos->line);
  vfprintf (stderr, msg, ap);
  fputc ('\n', stderr);
  hit_error = 1;

  VA_CLOSE (ap);
}

Now, the VA_OPEN macro is defined in /usr/include/ansidecl.h, and
that's where I dead end with the problem, I haven't found how this is
failing yet.

Billy

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org