Ch6 gcc: Don't run fixincludes [Fwd from blfs-support: Re: openssl-0.9.7 and openssh-3.5p1]

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 22 18:20:55 PST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 08:00:16PM -0500, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> It's the variable argument macros, here's the first error I get when
> trying to rebuild the compiler with itself:

Hmm, I just updated and kicked off a build. Now in stage 2 and seemed to
have got past the point of your failure..

> /home/billyoc/../../gcc/gcc/gengtype.c:39: undefined reference to `__builtin_va_start'

Hmm, __builtin_va_start is defined in gcc's own internal header stdarg.h

You sure you doing make bootstrap?

Another thing. It could be a flex/bison thingy. You using contrib/gcc_update
to update your local checkout? If not, perform a fresh checkout manually,
then cd into gcc and "contrib/gcc_update" and rejoice as it adjusts the
timestamps for you.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org