Glibc is configured twice

J_Man jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Jan 23 01:04:23 PST 2003

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> In LFS book as of now, we configure glibc (by creating /etc/nsswitch.conf and
> /etc/localtime) twice in identical way, the first time in "Installing
> Glibc-2.3.1", the second time in "Configuring essential software". This
> should be done only once, not twice.
>
> Alexander E. Patrakov

This is because the CVS book is still in a state of flux.  Gerard is in
the middle of updating everything to the new book structure.  I suspect
that when 5.0 (4.1) is released, a good portion of that final page of
Chap 6 will be completely gone, and the configurations will be on their
respective pages.

CVS is essentially the development version of the book - it may not
always build right, and it may have subtle little inconsistencies, such
as this.  These are always fixed by the time the book goes final.

Jeremy

--
I've heard it said that there are two types of *NIX admins, those that
have done something EXTREMELY stupid while logged in as root, and

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org