pointless -R on chapter 5 chown?

Jeremy Herbison herbie at autobotcity.net
Thu Jan 23 11:54:43 PST 2003

I Personally mount $LFS/static as a separate partition and then format
it as /home once the system is finished. Therefore $LFS/static gets
filled with all sorts of things: a copy of the LFS book, saved /etc
scripts, tarballs, as well as the static binaries. I say just leave the
-R alone, its not that big a deal and certainly doesn't hurt anyone.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org