Ch6 gcc: Don't run fixincludes [Fwd from blfs-support: Re: openssl-0.9.7 and openssh-3.5p1]

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Fri Jan 24 16:20:01 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 17:52, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea to use "*make install-no-fixedincludes"
> instead of "make install" during Chapter 6 gcc installation.*

I'm of this same opinion since it seems that the "fixed" headers appear
to make gcc immune to _any_ changes to your include files--whether you
want them or not.  I wasn't very amused to find out about the problem
with openssl considering I thought I'd altered my gcc builds to omit the
fixed headers until Larry posted about it.  I would have _never_ looked
down in there to find the solution except as an accident with grep and
find.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org