bzip2 makefile patch

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Jan 25 18:01:44 PST 2003

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 01:48:12AM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  Actually, what bzip2 really needs is autoconf.  There was a guy on this
> list early last year when bzip-1.0.2 came out who I think was interested
> in that, but I can't remember who he was, and my drive with the emails
> from that time died.

Ken, my sentiments exactly. The patch looks a bit hairy for straight
inclusion into LFS.

>From the bzip-1.0.2 CHANGES file:-

"Note that this release does not improve the rather crude build system
for Unix platforms.  The general plan here is to autoconfiscate/
libtoolise 1.0.2 soon after release, and release the result as 1.1.0
or perhaps 1.2.0.  That, however, is still just a plan at this point."

So if Craig is REALLY bored, he might want try that instead. But of course
it may well be prudent to contact the maintainer first to avoid duplicating
effort.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org