bzip2 makefile patch

Craig Hurley sobit at reddnet.net
Sat Jan 25 18:31:34 PST 2003

On Saturday 25 January 2003 09:01 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:

> Ken, my sentiments exactly. The patch looks a bit hairy for straight
> inclusion into LFS.

Previous mail stated that wasn't my intent.

> From the bzip-1.0.2 CHANGES file:-
>
> "Note that this release does not improve the rather crude build system
> for Unix platforms.  The general plan here is to autoconfiscate/
> libtoolise 1.0.2 soon after release, and release the result as 1.1.0
> or perhaps 1.2.0.  That, however, is still just a plan at this point."
>
> So if Craig is REALLY bored, he might want try that instead. But of course
> it may well be prudent to contact the maintainer first to avoid duplicating
> effort.
>
> Greg
Babysteping :)  I figure before messing with autoconf I might become a bit
more familiar with Makefiles.  This was a small task with a forseeable end
that I could learn to use diff with.  I was going to use the gawk patch to
help me along with configure scripts.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org