Mktemp is not in the book

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Jan 27 11:54:48 PST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On January 22, 2003 04:53 am, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> > for tempfile. So, if we install mktemp and symlink tempfile to it, then
> > the bz* commands LFS installs should actually be able to work?
> >
> > I think that would be good.
>
> Are they required by those bzip2 components or does it just complain
> and still
> work (I'd test it out myself if I had the time...)

Last time I tried to use them, they really fail with a no-such command
type thing. Hang on...

wlmlfs04:lfsbill:/mnt/archives/Lfs_Sources/a$ \
bzdiff automake-1.6.tar.bz2 automa.7.1.tar.bz2 \
/usr/bin/bzdiff: tempfile: command not found
cannot create a temporary file

Yep! Still broken!

--
Bill Maltby