Major CVS LFS bug - binutils-2.13.2.1

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Mon Jan 27 13:46:14 PST 2003

Christian Mudra wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 02:56:35AM +1100, Greg Schafer wrote:
>> Essentially, this is a recurrence of the old HAVE_GAS_HIDDEN thing. At
>> first glance, it looks to me like the extra digit in the
>> binutils-2.13.2.1 is confusing gcc's configure script.
>
> The confuse is in the part where the ld is checked, if it supports
> hidden (somewhere in gcc-3.2.1/gcc/configure around line 7220):

> The easiest workaround still seems to use the old
> 'echo #define HAVE_GAS_HIDDEN 1' as used earlier. Or at least a note
> for all the people who wants to install HJ Lu's binutils to do that.
>
> Christian.

Tested this on a recently built system.  gcc was broken.  As you say
the version of binutils was just not detected.

Just rebuilt gcc with echo "#define HAVE_GAS_HIDDEN 1" >>gcc/auto-host.h
and gcc looks OK

This will have to be done in chapter5 and chapter6

I wonder how much of this system is broken, since the chapter 6 gcc
was faulty.  Can I get away with just rebuilding glibc?

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org