Ch6 gcc: Don't run fixincludes [Fwd from blfs-support: Re: openssl-0.9.7 and openssh-3.5p1]

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Mon Jan 27 15:29:03 PST 2003

> On January 22, 2003 05:13 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> > I agree, but not for the example you quoted.

> I too think we should stay away from the fixincludes script for all the
> same reasons.

> I'm not volunteering to figure out why gcc's fixed headers make packages
> fail to compile, but I am very interested in learning what the reasons
are
> though.

> For now I too vote replacing 'make install' with
> 'make install-no-fixedincludes"

> Any objections?

OK, I'm doing a slightly alternative build to you guys
(specifying --enable-version-specific-runtime libs, as I also install
gcc-2.95.3 for the kernel build ), but you may want to check that your c++
headers get installed.

( check /usr/gcc-lib/SYSTEM-TRIPLE/3.2.1/include where system triple
  will most likely be i686-pc-linux-gnu for most of you )

I had no c++ directory...

Creates a few issues with the ncurses build.

Solution was after make install-no-fixedincludes
cd SYSTEM-TRIPLE/libstdc++-v3
make install

Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't count on it...

Regards
Ryan Oliver

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org