/usr/src/linux & /usr/src/linux-2.4.20 directories

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon Jan 27 17:28:52 PST 2003

"Dagmar d'Surreal" <dagmar.wants at nospam.com> wrote in message
news:1043701208.463.89.camel at evil.kung.foo...

>   The first and most obvious being the case of kernels which were
> compiled monolithically being remarkably short of a /lib/modules
> directory.

Just to point out, I built an entirely monolithic kernel with 2.4.18 and
the symlink was there. Even a couple of empty directories were there.
But I also vote for the symlink. It's no different than the X symlinks
being used to avoid possible problems. Plus, until 2.4.19, the kernel
source extracted directly in linux. I'm glad they changed that as I have
more than one version of kernel source unpacked at the same time, but
/usr/src/linux has a long history.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org