Major CVS LFS bug - binutils-2.13.2.1

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 27 18:56:07 PST 2003

On January 27, 2003 07:51 pm, Ian Molton wrote:
> it appears to have a failed test. surely a workaround is in order, like
> our other packages?

Sure a hack can be put into place as always.

But more often we've seen that the HJ Lu releases fix bugs a lot quicker. It's
even the preferred binutils release by the kernel developers. That ought to
mean something too.

It's not really jumping ship in the bad sense. It's just that every single
time we find a problem with Binutils, it appears that the problem does not
occur in the HJ release. This might lead one to believe that using HJ's
release will prevent a host of future problems that might arise by using the
standard GNU releases.

> also, HJL binutils is NOT cross platform, the book is.

I thought it was. True, x86 gets most fixes but I didn't think the other
platforms were removed from it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org