Major CVS LFS bug - binutils-2.13.2.1

Jack Brown jbrown at kmts.ca
Mon Jan 27 19:09:02 PST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:56:36 -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Sure a hack can be put into place as always.
>
> But more often we've seen that the HJ Lu releases fix bugs a lot
> quicker. It's even the preferred binutils release by the kernel
> developers. That ought to mean something too.

Was there another problem with binutils other than this one, that came
up? I must have missed something.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we still need to use this hack
in chapter 5 regardless wether we use GNU's version or not? what the big
problem with just doing the same thing in chapter 6?  all were doing is
makeing sure the config behaves, were not modifying C code or anything?

Jack Brown
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org