Major CVS LFS bug - binutils-2.13.2.1

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Jan 27 19:48:38 PST 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 09:44:05PM -0600, Jack Brown wrote:
> I guess also on a more personal note, I also do some "Hurd from Scratch"
> from time to time and I enjoy the fairly generic taste of LFS.  I guess
> in my perfect world all that would be needed to transform LFS into Gnu
> >From Scratch would be to switch kernels (headers) and pull out anything
> obviously Linux centric (ie. util-linux).  I know that's not really
> aplicable to _Linux_ From Scratch. but it is part of my own motivation.
> Sort of like Ian's x86 centric vs. cross platform argument but from a
> slightly different angle.  (this is also one reason I am looking forward
> to the switch from LILO to GRUB)

But that is exactly the point Ian is missing. The HJ releases ARE
cross-platform. The fact they are for Linux only is a different matter.

From:-

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-01/msg00306.html

"Changes from binutils 2.13.90.0.16:

1. Update from binutils 2003 0121.
2. Fix an ia64 gas bug.
3. Fix some TLS bugs.
4. Fix some ELF/ppc bugs.
5. Fix an ELF/m68k bug."

So they are cross-platform but not cross-os :-)

Additionally, the HJ releases are not a fork. He bases the release on CVS
head.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org