/usr/src/linux & /usr/src/linux-2.4.20 directories

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 28 10:30:16 PST 2003

On January 28, 2003 03:29 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> On my system
> /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build -> /usr/src/linux-`uname -r`

What happens in cases when you don't build a single module? Now we are forced
to still run "make modules && make modules_install" just for the sake of
getting a symlink in /lib/modules?

That feels wrong for all the right reasons; why would I have a modules
directory under /lib if I don't have modules?

I agree that a --with-kernel-source-dir= option to packages would be a more
ideal setup.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org