Mention make owner of partition user lfs?

JP jim at liberator.fsworld.co.uk
Tue Jan 28 18:26:02 PST 2003

Hi,

I decided to look at LFS after trying RedHat8 this year, and ran into
problems in Ch.5, when configuring bash. Eventual "no target for
something.h" due to earlier permission problems mv-ing files from
/tmp/subdir to a subdir of the source directory.

After trawling through the archives I found a recent problem similar to
mine and realised that on my LFS target the partition was owned by root
so lfs couldn't write anything to it.

Should there be some mention of this aspect in the book either in the
create/mount partition section or in the part regarding using an
unprivileged user to install software?

Regards,

Jim.

--