Lessons to be learnt from recent events

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Jan 28 21:34:05 PST 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:22:59PM -0600, Jack Brown wrote:
> Lately I've been using a method similar to what needs to be done when
> crosscompiling an install od GNU/Hurd from a Linux install. (or if you

Jack, oh goodie! Very interesting. Ryan came up with some clever usage of
the "mount --bind" to get around some of the issues you are getting around
with your DESTDIR thing.

I agree that what a lot of this is about is related in principle to proper
cross-compiling (not the pseudo cross-compile stuff in the c-c hint)

It will be interesting to see how all this pans out in the end. There is
definitely some common ground here.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org