Lessons to be learnt from recent events

Jack Brown jbrown at kmts.ca
Tue Jan 28 21:45:50 PST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:33:40 -0600, Greg Schafer wrote:

> It will be interesting to see how all this pans out in the end. There is
> definitely some common ground here.
>
> Greg

Yes definitly,

	I think the key bits are that the toolchain used to build the final
toolchain should already have been somewhat "cleaned".  The whole
recursive dynamic builds without using static packages (except perhaps
for the initial bootstraping) just feels right to me in the sense that as
long as the proper config flags (or hidden support hacks) are used, the
resulting toolchain should theoretically be more or less "perfect". (or
as perfect as their source will alow).

Jack Brown
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org