Lessons to be learnt from recent events

Jack Brown jbrown at kmts.ca
Tue Jan 28 22:32:47 PST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:57:49 -0600, Adam Trilling wrote:

> Has anyone ever done anything like this?  Or maybe a better question,
> has anyone ever attempted anything like this?  Solaris and Linux are
> fairly different (much more so than Hurd and Linux), but I know you can
> cross-compile userspace applications between them...
>
> /me realizes this is way offtopic and he'll probably have to subscribe
> to lfs-chat to get any discussion on it :)
>

> Adam Trilling
> agt10 at columbia.edu

If you want a bit of an overview of what would be involved, download the
latest CVS of hurd from ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/cvs and take a look at
the file INSTALL-cross.  It's a bit different since this describes
building GNU-Mach, Mig and Hurd besides the normal GNU toolchain but it should
give you an idea.

Jack Brown
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org