Lessons to be learnt from recent events

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Tue Jan 28 23:39:49 PST 2003

Adam Trilling wrote:
> I was actually just thinking about stuff like this.  I'm going to get an
> old Sun box (a dual-processor Ultra 2) within the next few weeks, and one
> of the things I want to try to do with it is cross-compile LFS from
> Solaris.  If it works, wonderful.  At the very least, I'll learn a lot
> about cross-compiling. :)

You'll run into trouble cross compiling some packages ( bash being the one
I recall ) a lot of configure tests cannot be run while cross-compiling...
bash just barfs out, so you'll have to manually fill in the gaps in
config.whatever... You'll see when you get to it ;-)

Regards
Ryan Oliver
Peter Harding And Associates Pty. Ltd.
Eml: ryan.oliver at pha.com.au