Lessons to be learnt from recent events

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Wed Jan 29 11:44:46 PST 2003

Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au> wrote:

> [....]
>
> On a related note, I'll make mention here that Ryan Oliver and myself are
> working on a new initiative to build a pure LFS. You might recall Ryan's
> post from a few weeks back outlining some new ideas. It is essentially a new
> angle on the build method focussing on building a correct toolchain. It will
> initially take the form of a hint. We've been at it for a while now and will
> hopefully have something concrete in a week or two.

Oh good. I had started to wonder if anything was going to come of
that. I was hoping it would since i wanted to have instuctions like
that and it looked like you guys were doing a better job that i
easily could. I have all the previous thread in my save box, just
in case, though.

+1 on doing a hint, but i think if the hint works it should definitely
be merged into the book. I for one might actually use something like
the book if it worked like you're discussing, whereas now i don't.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org