Lessons to be learnt from recent events

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 29 16:42:36 PST 2003

On January 29, 2003 05:32 pm, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
> --bind requires kernel 2.4 and somewhat recent util-linux, I am not sure
> wether LFS should exclude kernel 2.2 systems yet ;)

We do pretty much exclude Glibc-2.0.x and Glibc-2.1.x systems (glibc-2.0.x
more so than glibc-2.1.x). Any more modern Linux system comes with a 2.4
kernel. But we can always include a note "If you can't use --bind use the
following symlink instead".

But the problem is that a symlink doesn't work inside chroot, whereas a mount
--bind does.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org