Bootloaders (Was: Move to Grub)
at at fiber.net
Thu Jan 30 07:04:17 PST 2003
Ian Molton wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 05:02:01 +0000 (UTC)
> kelledin+LFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org (Kelledin) wrote:
>> Here's a motion to keep lilo AND grub in the book, and create a
>> separate chapter just for installing/configuring various
I had sugested this several months ago, and someone (I can't remember who)
really liked this idea:
- Remove bin86 & lilo from Chapter 6.
- On chapter 8, add a section called "compiling a boot loader" informing the
reader about lilo and grub and having them select one or the other.
- Add two sections: lilo, and grub.
- Under the "lilo" section, place bin86, nasm, and lilo for compilation and
instructions on how to set it up.
- Under the "grub" section, add instructions for building grub, configuring
it, and installing it.
That way readers can make up their own mind and you avoid the war
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe lfs-dev' in the subject header of the message
More information about the lfs-dev