Mktemp is not in the book

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Jan 30 13:50:20 PST 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:32:00 -0700 Gerard Beekmans
<gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On January 21, 2003 06:19 pm, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> > http://www.courtesan.com/mktemp/
>
> Okay guys some opinions. Add this package to the book or not?

No. I don't have it and so far I haven't missed it. If someone can have a
completely working system fit for everyday use without missing this
program, then it's definitely BLFS material and doesn't belong in the LFS
book. wget would be several orders of magnitude more useful as an addition
to LFS and even it is not going in (and rightfully so).

MSB

--
goto doesn't screw up programs.
Programmers screw up programs.