Mktemp is not in the book

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Jan 30 14:25:22 PST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Matthias Benkmann wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:32:00 -0700 Gerard Beekmans
> <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
> > On January 21, 2003 06:19 pm, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> > > http://www.courtesan.com/mktemp/
> >
> > Okay guys some opinions. Add this package to the book or not?
>
> No. I don't have it and so far I haven't missed it. If someone can have a
> completely working system fit for everyday use without missing this
> program, then it's definitely BLFS material and doesn't belong in the LFS
> book. wget would be several orders of magnitude more useful as an addition
> to LFS and even it is not going in (and rightfully so).

If that decision holds, then I suggest that appropriate patches are made
to suppress installation of everything that depends on (tempfile too?)
and mk[s]+temp, place appropriate verbiage (whatever that is) about
commands omitted because they don't work.

Then everybody is happy. Yeah, right!

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com