FAQ/ audience

Scot Mc Pherson scot at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 3 08:26:39 PDT 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 08:57, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>> As I explained in the post, the first lfs is the name
>> of the project. If
>> people don't like repetition, as someone suggested, it
>> can be replaced
>> by linuxfromscratch.
>
> So, to recap we would have the following newsgroup name:
> linuxfromscatch.alfs.discuss
> linuxfromscratch.blfs.book
> linuxfromscratch.blfs.dev
> linuxfromscratch.blfs.support
> linuxfromscratch.lfs.announce
> linuxfromscratch.lfs.book
> linuxfromscratch.lfs.chat
> linuxfromscratch.lfs.dev
> linuxfromscratch.faq
> linuxfromscratch.hints
> linuxfromscratch.website
>

> I think I could live with this.

Do you think?  I mean its alright with me if we decide to do so, but I would
prefer a shorter form, again I don't think we are going to be connecting to
usenet any time soon.

I'd like to suggest the following format. which resembles usenet standards,
but not with the long comp.os.linux.lfs.topic.subtopic  format.

lfs.alfs
lfs.blfs      (this would be for general discussion and support)
lfs.blfs.book
lfs.blfs.dev
lfs             (general chat and support)
lfs.book
lfs.dev
lfs.faq
lfs.hints
lfs.security
lfs.website

But again, this now lends itself to the question, since everything is
prefaced with lfs. (or linuxfromscratch.), then why can't we just drop lfs.
???

--
Scot Mc Pherson
Linux From Scratch