OT - RH News

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Tue Jul 22 00:22:28 PDT 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:
> Sorry, a bit OT, but it's SO dead around here at the mo'..
Some of us are enjoying vacations up in the tropics (its a hard life) ;-)

Erika Pachollek wrote:
> I found it scaring. We pretend to be open, invite all people to solve
> our problems, and generously offer to keep all under our roof.

One linux to rule them all... ;-)

> Ldp is superfluous, the translation project is superfluous, lfs is
> superfluous; in future you only need redhat.

What, you mean there are OTHER distributions ;-)

It is a promising sign, maybe they are willing to listen to the community
now as opposed to imposing their whims on us ala the KDE/gnome mish-mash
etc

I guess it will remain to be seen whether this is red hat allowing the
community some input in to where they are driving development (and lets
face it, they ARE paying a lot of the core developers) or a nice PR
campaign with the illusion of community involvement to get cheap beta
testing done...

My $0.02 ;-)
[R]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org