FAQ/ audience

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 22 13:11:26 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 05:54, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> That has been my suggestion too for ages now. Glad to see I'm not the
> only one. I forgot why that idea was rejected at the time.

Details are sketchy with me too (I suppose I should use the archives now
to look it up and set an example...or something like that). It had
something to do with the size (but that point is moot if work will be
done to generate a smaller list-specific faq).

> To accomodate this I can split the FAQ up in different sections, based
> on the mailinglist one would subscribe too, and we'd give a link to the
> FAQ at the end. Another thing I'd like to see, which is common on lists,
> is a pointer to the FAQ in the signature. Oldtimers may remember that
> before the current signature, we'd get a lot of unsubscribe messages on
> the lists. These messages have been greatly reduced.

Which lists should have the FAQ link? lfs-dev and lfs-support are the
obvious ones. How about blfs-dev and support?

>          Mirror sites
>          Changelog
> 	<snip mail, news, faq>
>          Contact information
>
>      2. Important information
>
>          About $LFS
>          About SBUs
>          How to ask for help
> 		- IRC
> 		- News
> 		- Mail
> 		(the order in which one would get the fastest help)

That looks good to me too. Keep this in mind, so we can get to it later
(if you think you're going to forget, Bugzilla it when you get the
chance.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org