XML Changes - who'd like to take care of it

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Fri Jul 25 15:23:39 PDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:23:01 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I would like the XML redesign for the lfs/blfs books to start soon,
> but I also think I won't be the right person. Time is one factor, but
> my lack of knowledge (and lack of time to aquire it) will make this a
> very tedious (for me) and drawn out process.
>
> So I'm wondering if there is somebody here with enough XML knowledge
> who would like to lead this undertaking? While that person and whoever
> volunteers takes on the tasks I can concentrate on other things (like
> getting the book updated and delegate other responsibilities).

I had a bit of time tonight to take a look and believed (in my
inexperience/naivety/call-it-what-you-will) that the best approach would
be to a) get xincludes working b) move to lfsml (or whatever the custom
stylesheets will be called).  In that vein I took a stab at all the
preface blurb and chapter 1.  The results are at
http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/~ca9mbu/lfs-book/lfs-xincludes.tar.gz.

For the moment I'm simply processing it with `xsltproc --xinclude
lfs.xsl index.xml` (lfs.xsl is actually just a minimal xslt stylesheet,
which does sweet f.a.) to check that everything is A-OK syntax wise.

Hope this is useful to someone,

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org