Pending package updates, any gotchas?

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Tue Jul 29 10:59:44 PDT 2003

> From: lfs-dev-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org
> [mailto:lfs-dev-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org]On Behalf Of Matthew
> Burgess

> On 29 Jul 2003 10:57:37 -0600
> Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
> You may want to consider dropping libtool back to 1.4.2 - there's been
> several reports on the blfs-support lists about version 1.5
> breaking .so
> library creation in the recompiled shadow packages and some gnome
> packages as well.

The problems with Libtool 1.5 are due to improper patching in the BLFS
instructions for shadow and fam.  See the previous threads in BLFS-Dev
and here for more info - especially stuff by me.  IMHO, the issues with
libtool 1.5 need to be addressed by the BLFS maintainers, and in fact,
the problems with fam are in BLFS's bugzilla.

-J-