Ch5: "Locking in" glibc, Ch6: Adjusting toolchain

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Mon Jun 2 19:24:34 PDT 2003

> The flaw:
>
> Comparing the sed scripts to the gcc specs-4 patch,
> it looks like the sed scripts only support some of the platforms
> modified by the gcc specs-4 patch. They *should* be in sync.
> As it is, I don't think LFS cvs builds on m68k or most 64-bit
> platforms, as the sed scripts don't support /lib/elf, /lib64/lf,
> or /lib/ld64 linker path variants - and there may be more;
> even the patch does not modify the linker path for all platforms.
>
> All this linker path modification magic would be better
> handled by a tool script, I say.

May have to look at the generation of *link_arch32 and *link_arch64 entries
(and the corresponding *link_arch entry which references the above
depending on compiler options) in the specs file...

I kinda assumed that when passing -m64 (or whatever) for 64 bit compilation
and linking gcc passed the right flags to the linker
( uses $prefix/<target-triple>/bin/ld by default ) for linking 64bit...

Of course I could be wrong ( I've only used 64bit on solaris )
Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org