3 new bug patches for bash2.05b

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Tue Jun 3 11:12:44 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 14:00, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> In light of that, I would say going the multi patch command route is more in
> line with what the LFS book tries to accomplish of course. But that should
> always be evaluated within reason, hence this email. Comment if you have
> something useful to add.

I vote for a combination of both methods - Something like this in the
book:

The Bash maintainers have released 7 patches to Bash 2.05b to fix
certain issues.  These patches are as follows:

bash205b-001: <description>

Since we want to apply all these patches, we can use the following for
loop to apply them:

<command block>
for i in ../bash205b*; do
patch -Np0 -i $i
done
</command block>

Double the educational value - we describe each patch and what it does,
plus teach a little about the use of a bash for loop for multi-file
processing.

Comments???

-J-

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org