Possible problems with CVS

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Jun 3 17:36:04 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 12:04:50PM -0400, Zack Winkles wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 12:32:38PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans (gerard at linuxfromscratch.org) wrote:
> > On May 25, 2003 11:23 pm, Zack Winkles wrote:
> > > Updating the tarball in a second. Sorry about this.
> >
> > Did you finish this? I'm not seeing a 0.2.3 version in
> > linuxfromscratch.org/~winkie/downloads/lfs-utils/)
>
> There isn't one. 0.2.2 is the right thing.

Hrmm, kudos to you for maintaining this pkg. But uploading a new tarball
with exactly the same name as the previous buggy one is the No 1 cardinal
sin from the "tarball maintainers handbook".

Please, it's no big deal to up the version number. It's a good habit to get
into and will make everyone's life a lot easier. Thanks.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org