CVS 20030513: remove CFLAGS munging from chapter 6 zlib-1.1.4

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 4 07:42:54 PDT 2003

On June 3, 2003 11:35 pm, you wrote:
> We probably just ought to stick a note in there: "If CFLAGS is
> set in your environment, make sure -fPIC is included in the
> CFLAGS."  Then dispense with CFLAGS munging.

Okay understood. But the usual "if you optimize by setting CFLAGS you're at
your own mercy. Unset the vars and try again" disclaimer still applies. We
can put in that disclaimer somewhere in a prominent spot (start of chapter 5
maybe, or chapter 2, though it seems people often skip that chapter)

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org