Ch5: "Locking in" glibc, Ch6: Adjusting toolchain

Zack Winkles winkie at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 4 08:33:05 PDT 2003

Edwin van Vliet (cheatah at tweakers.net) wrote:
> But this does not solve the problem of the specs-4 patch containing more
> patterns than just the /lib directory. Nonetheless, those commands can be
> shorter than they are now.

IMHO the patch is gonna be pretty hard to replicate outside of grep'ing
all occurances of ld*.so.1 and ld-linux*.so.[12] into a var, then somehow
cleansing that list of stuff we don't want to modify. Take a look at some
of the extreme strangeness in linker names. It's nasty. It wouldn't be
such a big deal covering all of them is two of the weird ones were going
to end up being so common-place.

ld.so.1, ld-linux.so.2, ld-linux.so.1, ld-linux-x86-64.so.2,
ld-linux-ia64.so.2.... ugh.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org