Ch5: "Locking in" glibc, Ch6: Adjusting toolchain

Edwin van Vliet cheatah at tweakers.net
Wed Jun 4 08:53:18 PDT 2003

> IMHO the patch is gonna be pretty hard to replicate outside of grep'ing
> all occurances of ld*.so.1 and ld-linux*.so.[12] into a var, then somehow
> cleansing that list of stuff we don't want to modify. Take a look at some
> of the extreme strangeness in linker names. It's nasty. It wouldn't be
> such a big deal covering all of them is two of the weird ones were going
> to end up being so common-place.
>
> ld.so.1, ld-linux.so.2, ld-linux.so.1, ld-linux-x86-64.so.2,
> ld-linux-ia64.so.2.... ugh.

There is a regex for everything. The problem is that we mustn't make it too
complex ;-)
Maybe it would be wiser to make a file with multiple commands for sed. But
it isn't really a patch, it would be closer to ALFS than some would like, I
guess.
A little script would be safest and fastest, as always.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org