Ch5: "Locking in" glibc, Ch6: Adjusting toolchain

The Cheeze cheeziologist at attbi.com
Wed Jun 4 10:57:02 PDT 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:18:55 +0200, Edwin van Vliet <cheatah at tweakers.net>
wrote:

<snip>

> We would currently have the following command:
>
> sed -e 's@/lib/ld.so.1@/stage1&@g' \
> -e 's@/lib/ld-linux.so.2@/stage1&@g' \
> $SPECFILE > XX
>
> It must be possible to shorten this, given that both patterns start with
> the
> same characters:
>
> sed -e 's@/lib/ld\(\.so\.1|-linux\.so\.2\)@/stage1&@g' \
> $SPECFILE > XX

<snip>

Speaking from the kinda-noob point of view, those of us that don't have a
huge grasp of regular expressions can understand what's being done with the
current sed commands. The sed command that you propose might be shorter but
i'm sure that less people will understand it. Just my $.02.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org