Whats the idea behind the new way-to-do-things in cvs lfs ?

kondicoder kondicoder at eyefolder.dk
Wed Jun 4 18:27:25 PDT 2003

Hey Folks!

First of all, I wanna thank u for makin' this project. It's really given
me a kickstart into compiling linux from scratch.
My goal is to get some understanding of what is going on, so that I'll
be able to contribute to the project later on.

I did mostly get why and how things were done in the lfs 4.1, but it
looks like you in the cvs version (which I am curently working on
compiling), are changing the "way to go". The order in which everything
is compiled changed, gcc gets compiled 2 times etc.
If there is in any way a red line in those changes, could someone
explain it to me ? At least why gcc is compiled twice.

Your help will be appreciated :-)

- kondicoder :-)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org