Ch5: "Locking in" glibc, Ch6: Adjusting toolchain

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Wed Jun 4 18:49:43 PDT 2003

Edwin van Vliet wrote:
> There is a regex for everything. The problem is that we mustn't make it
too
> complex ;-)

Good luck making it simple...

> Maybe it would be wiser to make a file with multiple commands for sed.
But
> it isn't really a patch, it would be closer to ALFS than some would like,
> guess.
> A little script would be safest and fastest, as always.

If its mass scriptage you want, I can supply it... but it ain't pretty...

But frankly there is no substitute from manually editing the
gcc/config/${ARCH}/{linux.h,linux64.h,linux-elf.h} file(s) for the
particular
architecture you are working with.

Mass scriptage (of which I must admit I am guilty) may be good for
automating
your own builds, but it isn't terribly appropriate to the book...

The patch, though not ideal, if maintained correctly is less prone to error

[R]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org