LFS-book 4.1; usb and network

Michael Roessler michroes at gmx.de
Thu Jun 5 06:04:06 PDT 2003

Hi,

host-System is SuSE-Linux 8.2. It is my first try building a lfs-system. I
got 2
error-messages while lfs-system is starting, I shall post to
lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org
these messages:
1)
mount:mount point proc/bus/usb does not exists [failed]

Error in /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S40mountfs. Return value 32.

2)
eth0:unknown interface:No such device [failed]
Setting up default gateway...
SIOCADDRT:No such device [failed]

Error in /etc/rc.d/S20network. return value 7.