Ch5: "Locking in" glibc, Ch6: Adjusting toolchain

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu Jun 5 19:08:21 PDT 2003

> Why does there even need to be a patch? Can't you just give a table
> matching platform to standard linker path (there being just a few
choices,
> IIRC), and do this.
>
> LDFLAGS="--dynamic-linker=/ab/cd/whatever"
>
> Or the less preferable form.
>
> CFLAGS="-Wl,--dynamic-linker=/ab/cd/whatever"
>
> Would this work?

Short answer, YMMV, depends on exactly how much makefile hacking you want
to do :-)

This is what I was fighting with moons ago without success, much easier to
just do a specs file edit...

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2003/01/0610.html

You can have a go, but be prepared for much swearing ;-)
[R]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org