add --enable-languages flag to gcc instructions

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri Jun 6 12:30:53 PDT 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> > How about adding an --enable-languages flag to gcc configure? Someone
> > <snip>

> Yes, this is becoming a bit of a FAQ lately. And we all know/assume that
> FAQ's are mostly due to reader errror/inability/lack of knowledge, they
> are also a clear indicator of the the book's shortcoming presentation of
> information.

*May be*. We all know that *some* folks can't swallow pablum when you
put the spoonful of it into their mouth. When a reasonable number of
folks that have obviously tried to read and digest the book's contents
have problems, then I agree with you that a flaw in the book's presenta-
tion may be a cause.

Just wanted to highlight that judgement about problems of that sort are
needed before deciding it is a book weakness. Frequency alone is not
enough. I'll save the risque joke that came to mind just then.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org