add --enable-languages flag to gcc instructions

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Sun Jun 8 08:17:31 PDT 2003

On Sunday 08 June 2003 13:53, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
> > This isn't a bad idea. Maybe a mention should be made that nearly all
> > packages have a README and/or INSTALL text file that gives more
> > information about (building) the package. (It that already in the book?)
>
> To my mind people who have to be told, that the source directory contains
> documentation, are hardly the intended audience of LFS.

I completely agree with this statement. But the three doubly quoted lines
above will reduce the volume of mail from newbies, and that's not too much
work.

Another suggestion is to put the links to the most relevant FAQs to the top of
some packages (like why-not-version for flex and inputrc for bash).
--
Alexander E. Patrakov

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org